Dementia-Need help

keithfcoleman
My mother who is suffering from dementia hates me. She is showing intense anger and anxiety in the presence of me. I love her so much, really don’t know what makes her hate me. Is it because of dementia? Now, she is alone in Calgary and is suffering from some other health problems too. Since I’m busy with my job, I’m not able to move over there, and of course, she never allow me to stay with her. So we decided to hire a nanny from Diamond personnel, the best nanny placement agency in Calgary. but we have zero experience in choosing a nanny. What are the things to be considered before hiring a nanny? Which is better? live-in nanny or part time? Is it safe? Any suggestions and advice regarding my concerns are highly appreciable. Thank you in advance.

Re: Dementia-Need help

charlesr
hello, dementia needs help because dementia is not a cure able diseases and the patient who is suffering from dementia is getting worse day by day . we should provide special home care or hospice care for the patient of dementia for these types of diseases there are lot of senior home care  I also get the service from http://grannynannies.com/ you can also check it they care and make you feel relaxed for dementia patient

Re: Dementia-Need help

anitaz123
Make sure that the nanny is professionally trained. Seeking the help of such agencies is a good option. Tell your needs and demands to them clearly before hiring a nanny. In your case, live-in nannies with trusted backups will be better. Choose a caregiver with a minimum of 3-years experience in this field ( nursing care for dementia people ). All the best.

Re: Dementia-Need help

Sevenshomecare
In age it happens so dont you worry, your mother loves you but cause of  dementia shes irritate, she needs a extra care and treatment. due to you busy in job you could not complete focus to care your mother. as per my opinion you should consult with Dementia care home, they provide all basic needs and care also organize activities which helps to shows improvement. or hire a health care assistant.

http://sevenshomecare.com/
http://sevensassistedliving.com/
sevenshomecare.com