Home Instead and Insurance

HISCtalk
Administrator
Does long-term care insurance usually help pay for services like yours?  How about Medicare?
Home Instead Moderator

Re: Home Instead and Insurance

HISCtalk
Administrator
Medicare does not cover our services since we are not a licensed medical company.  Long care insurance usually does, however.
Home Instead Moderator

Re: Home Instead and Insurance

E.V. Wallace
Medicare does not cover home care services, it covers the medical Home Health and Hospice services as prescribed by a doctor.  However, if someone has a long term care insurance policy it would probably help pay for our non-medical home-care services and there are Aid and Attendance benefits for Veterans who qualify.

Re: Home Instead and Insurance

samwright
A lot of people think that Medicare can help them pay for long-term care but it actually doesn't help pay for the expenses. Long-term care insurance on the other hand provides coverage for any form of long-term care like adult day care, home care, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and CCRC's. It's a great payment option for long-term care but before purchasing make sure you choose consider the rating of the carrier first. Why? This is to make sure that your choice of long-term care insurance company is financially stable, can meet your expectations by paying for claims and provide excellent products and services. Looking up the rating of a long term care insurance company before buying can spare you from inconveniences later on. Here are some resources to help you get started:

http://www.ltcoptions.com/long-term-care-insurance/long-term-care-insurance-companies/

http://www.aaltci.org/long-term-care-insurance/learning-center/company-ratings.php