How should I convince my mom?

anitaz123
Hi,
My mother who is an Alzheimer's patient is being moody always. She used to go out  alone and most of the time lose her way. It’s being a risk to take care of her. I really don’t know what to do.  My husband  suggested me to seek the help of any Alzheimer's patient care services and we had already contacted Prestige care in Oregon. They ensure us that they will provide assisted living care facilities with 24 hours nursing care. But my mom is not ready to accept that she is a patient. She doesn't want any nursing care. How should I convince her about this?

Re: How should I convince my mom?

johnhughes
Hey,

Accepting the fact that we are patient is certainly uncool for your mother.Here I want to tell you that ,I have also faced same problem with my mother few months back.But keeping her at nursing home is not at all a solution.There can be many ways also where she can feel better along with all medical care. Nursing home is not that good as compared to home health care centre.I have kept my mom at Royal Care,where they provide full time elderly care at senior home care broward with all nursing home facilities

Re: How should I convince my mom?

celiabise
Yes you should convince her.