Outpatient surgery

Betty
Can a caregiver sign you out after a minor outpatient procedure and bring you home? I have transportation to location, but no one to accompany me afterwards for sign me out.  They will not release you.
Please, need your help.

Re: Outpatient surgery

E.V. Wallace
Yes, one of our CAREGivers can sign you out to let the outpatient procedure team know that someone is able to drive you home.  In addition to picking you up from your minor procedure, our CAREGiver can bring you home first, get you settled and go pick-up any prescriptions you may need, fix you a meal and get you prepared for the rest of your day or evening.  Of course, if you want company for the evening for your first night home, we also have a service called the CAREGiver Sleepover.  Sometimes this gives people peace of mind to have someone around should they need assistance after a medical procedure.

Re: Outpatient surgery

Margret
This is very helpful. I have a outpatient surgery scheduled for next week, that is as long as my medical insurance doesn't fall through. I was wondering the same, my care giver is the only person I can rely on to pick me up, so it is relieving to read this thread. This has been a big concern for me, so I appreciate the information. Thank you!

Re: Outpatient surgery

HISCtalk
Administrator
We're so glad this could give you some peace of mind, Margaret!  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Home Instead Moderator