Same Caregiver Every Day?

HISCtalk
Administrator
I was wondering, if I needed a caregiver for my aging Mom, would the same caregiver come every time?  I think it would be reassuring for her to get to know one or two people, rather than meeting someone new every time.
Home Instead Moderator

Re: Same Caregiver Every Day?

E.V. Wallace
It is always the goal to keep consistency for our clients and for them to get to know a few CAREGivers.  A set schedule helps maintain this consistency.  However, as we all know life "happens" for all of us.  So, this is why we have detailed information about our clients, their specific likes and dislikes:  preferences regarding food, how they like their laundry done and what are their favorite activities to name a few.  This is kept at the Home Instead Senior Care office as well as in the Client Journal at each client's home.  We have many CAREGivers who have been with the same clients for 6 years or more.  They need to take vacations too, so we also have cross-over training in place to help make a smooth transition when CAREGiver changes are needed.

Re: Same Caregiver Every Day?

Naveed
Caregiver like a miracle people. They give full attention to our aging parents.   They provide assisted living and in-home care. Provides Free Quality Referrals to meet the increasing demand for elderly care. http://placementhotline.com/

Re: Same Caregiver Every Day?

ivydoo
I agree with E.V., keep it consistent. It will be easier for her (your mom) to be closer with a caregiver the same person who visits her everyday. it would be confusing for her if she would meet different faces each day. Make sure you hire a caregiver with a clean background and who does a very good job in long term care
 services

Re: Same Caregiver Every Day?

Melanie Constantinides
Absolutely! Our goal at Home Instead Senior Care is to limit the number of Caregivers that any one client needs to become familiar with so that they always feel as comfortable as possible. Our motto is "To Us, It's Personal." We understand that having someone in one's home involves a certain level of intimacy, and that is not possible to attain when the CAREgiver changes day to day. We try to limit the number of CAREgivers for each client to two, but to have more thaqn one so that in the event one of the CG's is not able to make it one day, the other can step in and we aren't sending a stranger. We also always send an office staff to introduce our clients to a new CAREgiver, and they stay around to be sure there is a connection and level of comfort between the CAREgiver and client.

Re: Same Caregiver Every Day?

Kyle Murphy | YSCN.org
There are some wonderful caregivers out there, it is important to consider cost, experience, and training. One of my close friends was a caregiver for years, he became very close to his care receiver, but there were also 2 others that would be there to support as back-ups, although he was the main caregiver. I think it worked out well as long as your main caregiver is the one you are closest to. Here's an article you may also find useful: http://yourseniorcarenetwork.com/Home-Care/in-home-care-for-seniors.html

Re: Same Caregiver Every Day?

victorjohnn
Non medical home care cent res are very important in order to make sure that old people are taken care of perfectly because they need assistance to start the day and in various activities like showering, making break fast etc.
home care agencies in new york